Thursday, August 28, 2008

Evans' Housewarming Gifts



This is one of two washcloths I've made for Bethany & Billy's new house. Congrats on your first home!!! These are made with the Elvish Leaves pattern. I am so proud of how they turned out. This is my first attempt at such a "complex" pattern (you have to remember that I'm a new knitter!). I really enjoyed making these & enjoyed the challenge of the pattern. Only took me a few hours for each cloth. And hopefully Bethany & Billy will get some good use out of them for years to come!

3 comments:

Jeannine said...

Erin, REALLY this is VERY GOOD AND COMPLEX for a new knitter! I have never done such stitches. You are a NATURAL!!! You should join Ravelry, or have you already? I just signed up with Flickr and Ravelry. Took awhile to get my "invite" to Ravelry. I put all my scarves, felted totes on there. This is very excellent!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, I would never be able to tell you were new at this! I immediately loved this pattern, it looks so cozy (even tho it's not going to get snuggled anytime soon!ha). My favorite washcloths have been ones that were crocheted or knitted...the yard really does a good light scrub on the counters, unlike the usual cloth washcloths!

Jeannine said...

I have a few questions for you. Does washing the washcloths change their appearance? What type of yarn did you use? Obviously not wool or it would have "felted"!