I started a new pair of socks this past weekend! I saw the yarn in Erin's LYS and thought it would be perfect for the Pomatomus sock pattern. The colors of the yarn are what I always imagine an iridescent mermaid's tail to look like.
The yarn is Malabrigo Sock in color #416 - Indiecita. I'm knitting these socks on size 0 DPNs. I had hoped to knit these two at a time, switching out my DPNs from one sock to another, but my dearest daughter broke one of my needles AFTER pulling all the needles out of my sock. I didn't want to have to try to reinsert them without losing stitches, but the idea of losing seven rows of ribbing was sickening. I'm now down to five in my set, so that makes knitting these two at a time impossible. Oh well.
I can already tell these socks are going to take me forever to knit. The twisted ribbing would take me a while without any other complications. However, on top of that, I am having to keep my tension really tight in order to achieve a smaller gauge than what is called for. I'm hoping that will help these socks turn out a bit smaller than what is called for. 72 stitch socks tend to be a bit big on me.