Monday, November 14, 2011

From the Dyepot - Tilt-Shifted Van Gogh

Now that the newest Farina is a bit more independent and regulated, I have finally been able to start dyeing yarn again!! I have missed this so much, as it is a great creative outlet for me. I have always loved painting, but I am no good at it; dyeing yarn combines two art loves of mine - knitting and painting. What could be better?!

I recently chanced upon my latest inspiration for my dye-works while searching for inspiration for a project involving my barren living room wall. Artcyclopedia featured an article on tilt-shifting pieces of work by Vincent van Gogh. It was stunning to see those vibrant paintings manipulated in a way that made one's eyes see them anew. I definitely recommend checking it out!

Here are the three paintings that called to me the most:

Starry Night on the Rhone





Snow-Covered Field with a Harrow




Landscape at Auvers after the Rain




These will all be available in our shop later today!

No comments: