Saturday, January 7, 2012

January Dyepot - American Classics

Here are the latest updates to our shop.

House of the Rising Sun



Free Bird



These two skeins were inspired by another skein that was finished in December:

Miss American Pie



I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to come up with some color schemes themed on Classic Rock songs?!!" So, these were what my "little gray cells" came up with!

Both were hand painted, one on our BFL base and the second on Sofee Sock. I didn't notice at the conception time of Free Bird, but the colors are identical (or near enough) to the team colors of the University of Alabama! This happens to be my father's favorite team, and I have left-over dye, so.... I am going to dye another skein for my dad and knit him a pair of socks! I love it when things work out like this.

No comments: