Thursday, November 19, 2009

Emmaline's Toddler Jays

So.......................

The progress I have made on these socks can pretty much be viewed in my previous photo. I spent all of my knitting time Sunday (which wasn't very much) ripping back the heel of this sock, after having gotten a good two inches past the heel. I tried the sock on my little one the night before, and, much to my dismay, I could not get the sock past her heel. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Over the past few days I have spent time adding another increase round and re-knitting the heel. I got half an inch or so past the heel and tried it on Emmaline again, this time it was WAY too big. So, rip again I did. At first I had decided to rip back to the original increase round then knit the heel in a needle size larger to see if that would add enough room. However, once I had ripped back to the original increase, I tried it on Emmie again and saw that I should probably have knitted a few more rounds before starting the heel. This time I knit two extra repeats and started the heel. We'll see how it fits from here....

Oh the agony, oh the frustration!

No comments: