Friday, September 19, 2008

Box #3



Box number three contains my "Dollar-and-a-Half" sweater!! Yea! This is going to be an everyday, around-the-house sweater for me, however it will still be luxurious. I am using two different colors and types of yarn for this project. The main color is a suri merino yarn from Blue Sky Alpaca. It is 60% baby suri alpaca and 40% merino wool, and the color number is 419. It is a beautiful burgundy red. The second, more minor color is Blue Sky Alpaca's sports weight 100% baby alpaca yarn; its color number is 508, a medium grey. Both yarns are luxuriously soft, and I cannot wait to put this baby on. I am knitting this project on size 9 Lantern Moon Ebony circular needles. Things I have learned with this project so far:

How to PSSO
Gauge swatching is essential! (I did FIVE gauge swatches before I got the right needle size)

1 comment:

Peaches 'N Purls said...

Again, LOVE the color of the yarn you've chosen. The red is so beautiful. I think it will look very nicely on you.

Erin