Tuesday, September 16, 2008
So here are the socks finally completed. I got the heel turned & the gusset stitches picked up as well as began working on the foot of the sock before I realized that my sock was too big & not correctly formed. Painfully, I frogged both of the socks in an effort to begin afresh & anew.
In the meantime, I asked around on Ravelry & was able to get some excellent guidance. I don't know where I'd be without that site! The people on there were a tremendous help.
After a few days of negotiating with myself on whether or not to start back up with the socks, I finally buckled under Luke's persistent begging. While they are by no means perfect or even pretty, they are done! I'm proud of myself for figuring it out & sticking with it. They were extremely stressful & I'm glad to have them off my queue of things to do. And now I can move on to other new things!