Monday, September 22, 2008

An Empty Box #1



I have finished my hat for Trystan. Now I will tell you again that guage swatching is IMPORTANT! In my great anticipation for starting a new type of project, I decided to forego the prescribed gauge swatch and just dive right in. Therefore, I ended up with a hat that fits my ten-month old daughter quite well! Haha! Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I have a partial skein left, so I may try to just make another hat using less stitches. I figured out that the pattern I am using is divisible by six, so maybe I will subtract one or two sets of six to make it fitting for a newborn baby. I don't want to buy smaller DPN, since my needle fund is kind of bankrupt at the moment. Here are some pictures of my all too unwilling model showing off my very first knit-in-the-round hat!



She's such a drama queen!

No comments: